The Host Country Affairs Section of the United States Mission to the United Nations serves as the primary liaison between the United Nations diplomatic community and the City of New York on matters regarding the Diplomatic Parking Program in the City of New York and its administration. The Section provides information and assistance to the United Nations Missions and their staffs and brings to the attention of the City of New York issues and problems experienced by the diplomatic community. The U.S. Mission Parking Coordinator may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone at (212) 415-4144 and can address questions concerning the rules of the Program, parking tickets, diplomatic parking decals, signs and spaces. Listed below are links to the Parking Program and Forms. The Section also works closely with the U.S. Department of State's Office of Foreign Missions in New York (OFM/NY), which issues and renews diplomatic driver's licenses, vehicle registrations and license plates, therefore helping to enforce the terms of the Parking Program.
Diplomatic Parking Program and Forms
- Procedures for Unauthorized Vehicles in Diplomatic Spaces: Important NYC Information on procedures to report and address unauthorized vehicles blocking diplomatic spaces.
- Parking Program for Diplomatic Vehicles: Contains full text of the Parking Program for Diplomatic Vehicles.
- Parking Violation Response Form: Use this form to contest any parking violation summonses received. Forms should be submitted within 30 days of receipt of ticket.
- Notice of Parking Violation Appeal: Use this form to appeal a decision made by the Diplomatic Parking Review Panel.
- List of Delivery Vehicle Parking Spaces: Open or download this document to view a list of Delivery Vehicle Parking Spaces.
Cicular Diplomatic Parking Notes
- HC-54-03: Responding to Parking Tickets
- HC-11-06: Towed Vehicle Procedure
- HC-84-03: Unauthorized Vehicles in Parking Spaces
Parking Related NYC Links
· Search for, or check the status of, a parking ticket
· New York City Traffic Laws
· Learn more about Parking Violation Codes, Fines, Rules, and Regulations
· NYC Department of Finance web page for Diplomatic and Consular Staff